Bus service is available in most areas of Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville and Etobicoke and in selected areas of Toronto. Bus service must be booked via the registration package by August 1st in order to be accommodated into the coming year’s routes. Any bookings after August 1st will be assigned the closest existing stop.
Parents will receive a letter in the second week of August which outlines the route number, stop location and approximates pick-up/drop-off times. This information will be confirmed by the homeroom teacher in an introductory phone call in the five days preceding the first day of classes. Contact the school’s busing co-ordinator, Mr. Art Petrosian at the Main Campus (905-271-3393) if you have not received this letter by August 15th.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you provide door-to-door bus service? No. Because of the wide geographical area we cover, we attempt to design stops that are central to 2-3 families.
Does the school own the buses? No. Our busing provider is First Student, the industry leader. Routes are designed by First Student in consultation with our transportation co-ordinator.
What are your bus times? It depends on the route. 85% of our bus riders get picked up between 7:30 and 8:00 and return between 4:00 and 4:30. The other 15% get on before 7:30 or just after 8:00.
What are your busing boundaries? Our boundaries are not “set in stone”, as we have some students being bused outside these boundaries now. Typically, they are getting earlier bus times in the morning or are in a “pocket” of Mentor/TEAM students.
- Oakville: West to Third Line, North to Dundas, East to the Mississauga border and South to the lake.
- Mississauga: All areas.
- Brampton: West to Chinguacousy Road, North to Mayfield, East to Torbram and South to the Mississauga border. The Lionhead and Tullamore areas are also covered.
- Georgetown: The southern part of Georgetown to Norval.
- Toronto: West to the Mississauga border, North to the 401, East to the Humber (High Park and Baby Point are covered by our routes) and South to the lake. In addition, we have “community” stops (several families driving to a stop) in Downsview, Rexdale and Woodbridge.
I live in the middle of your boundaries and there isn’t a stop near me. Does this mean I can’t send my child to this school? Our routes and stop locations vary from year-to-year, depending on the number of students that have signed up for busing and their addresses. We are able to provide a reasonable stop location for 99% of the students signed up by August 1st. At that point, the routes are designed, and while we make every attempt to accommodate requests later than that date, we can usually only offer the closest current stop.
What if I pay for busing and then decide to carpool or drive my child myself…can I get a refund? You can cancel busing anytime up until the second Friday of school and receive a full refund. Cancellations from that date until September 30th will receive a 90% refund. No refunds are issued after September 30th.
I’m not sure whether or not I need busing. What should I do? If there is a 50% or more chance that you will need busing, sign up when you register your child. It is much easier administratively to cancel in September than try to add a student in late August. As well, we may not have a convenient stop for you if we are not aware of your interest before August 1st.
My question isn’t on this list of frequently asked questions. Who should I contact? The transportation co-ordinator for the school is Mr. Art Petrosian. He can be contacted at the Main Campus of Mentor College (905) 271-3393 or emailed.
Community Bus Stops
Mentor College offers centrally-located community bus stops at a discounted rate. As this programme is offered solely on demand, parents are reminded that the school may not be able to offer the service at any specific location. Families should have an alternate transportation plan available and should sign up for regular busing in addition to the community stop option (if needed). Families in this situation will be assigned two stops and would need to choose one prior to the start of the school year.
Community Bus Stops:
These are located near malls and major transit hubs and are offered at a reduced rate.